PREFACE: The National Security of the United States of America is, by far, the most important issue at any given time. Nothing else matters if the American people are left unprotected and our people are killed. Therefore, the issue of National Security and the Defense Department must be given priority.
The purpose of any National Security Plan must center around:
a) Protecting the lives of American people, our allies, and human rights;
b) Protecting the interests and resources of America, Americans, and our allies; and
c) Ensuring that freedom and democracy continue to be preserved and practiced in America, while supporting democracy in other countries through diplomatic channels. I do not believe it is the responsibility of the US Military to serve as a global police force, but to work with foreign governments, when called upon, to consider how we can support short and long-term objectives that are in concert with American objectives.
MAJOR NATIONAL SECURITY OBJECTIVES
1) BUILDING THE BORDER WALL WITH MEXICO
· Serves to better protect the US against the uncontested infiltration of terrorist and drug threats.
· Serves to protect the lives of hundreds of people who die annually while trying to get across the US border.
· Serves to better protect US Customs and Border Patrol agents.
· Helps create jobs for US workers.
· It should be noted that the US possesses a geographic advantage over most nations that affords somewhat of a built-in protection, making us easier to defend against traditional armies.
FUNDING OF APPROXIMATELY $10 BILLION FOR THE COST OF THE BORDER WALL
· Use some of the funds raised from the Harrison Immigration Reform Plan to assist in paying for the wall.
· Reappropriate funds saved from the military budget to help build the wall.
· The wall should be constructed by 2022.
2) GLOBAL TROOP REDISTRIBUTION
· Bring a specified number of troops home from around the globe, as determined responsible by military leaders, to help protect our Mexican AND Canadian borders, as well as our ports and airports.
· Use troops to serve in local police forces to increase safety at home., especially in urban hotspot areas.
· Spend more time training local, foreign troops and allowing them to serve on the front lines of the battles, rather than having our soldiers put in harm’s way. We need to decrease the dependency of Americans in foreign countries (give a man a fish or teach a man to fish philosophy).
3) GLOBAL WEAPONS REDISTRIBUTION
· Increase the weaponry on our bases with qualified technicians assigned to operate the weaponry.
· Increase defense missile shields on the bases, especially in hotspot regions.
· Increase the number of pilots on our current bases and strategically position aircraft carriers and missiles globally to respond to needs in real-time.
4) FIGHT WAR WITH 21st CENTURY STRATEGIES
· Invest in the further Research and Development (R&D) of technologically-advanced weapons including expanding capabilities of unmanned aircraft and drones, develop a successful Advanced Hypersonic Weapon (AHW), Exacto bullets, the real-world Iron Man Suit, lasers and heat ray guns, manned robotic tanks, and enhanced ethics software to name a few. Let’s not put our service men and women in harm’s way unless there is a genuine threat against America that REQUIRES ground troops.
· Place even more emphasis on US Cyber Command and tripling the personnel US Cyber Command Army within three years.
· Work with White-Hat Hackers to show ways to protect ourselves from vulnerabilities and cyber threats in our airplanes, electric grids an energy plants, water treatment centers, banking centers, hospitals, POS systems in business – there are numerous threats and vulnerabilities that can certainly be exploited by enemy forces.
· Create a Private Citizens Cyber Army to launch attacks against enemy threats.
5) GET OUT OF DEBT
One of the biggest threats to the US is our mounting national debt, and one of the two biggest budget expenses is the Defense Budget (Social Security is higher).
2018 DEFENSE BUDGET: The approximately $700 billion budget aggressively addresses line items including military salary increases of 2.4%, the increase of 20,300 troops, purchase of 90 F-35s, and $4 billion for missile defense systems. (Source: https://militarybenefits.info/2018-defense-budget-overview/)
While I am 100% for resourcing our troops with everything needed to succeed, we MUST eliminate ALL wasteful spending in the military to help in the elimination of the US Debt. Even though the Defense Department will be operating under a $700 billion budget, it does not mean that they must spend the all the money allotted to them. If we can find ways to save $70 billion, it would be beneficial.
Ways to save money:
a) Reduce the number of defense military contractors being paid inflated contracts to do work that can be accomplished by the military.
b) Consider some global base closings when enacting the Global Troop Redistribution. This proposal would NOT cut the number of troops, but will reunite our troops with their families stateside.
c) Sell facilities that are no longer operational or gift them to foreign governments to remove their liability.
d) Reduce facility and office equipment expenses.